As your MP I’m here to represent and assist you. If you need help with an individual issue please get in touch. This could include dealing with State government departments or agencies, getting information about local infrastructure or developments, or discussing ideas for how we can improve our city. If you send my office an email, I’ll try to respond personally.
SUPPORTING THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
I am passionate about supporting our active community by amplifying the work of local groups and campaigns. Here are some of the specific ways my office can provide support:
- Free printing newsletters, flyers, and other materials
- Free use of our meeting room and event equipment (PA system, marquee, BBQ)
- Help promoting your group or event
- Raffle prize donations for community groups and schools
- Letters of support for grant applications
- Small grants to assist with event
RAISING LOCAL ISSUES IN PARLIAMENT
My work in Parliament is based on my work here on the west side. I try to use every chance I get in Parliament to call for improvements for our community, or big policy changes that you care about. For example, the biggest issue raised by locals in my last community surveys has been the urgent need for climate action. As such, I’ve been calling on the State Government to plan a just transition away from fossil fuels, and have introduced a bill to ban thermal coal mining in the Galilee Basin.
I’m always looking for more ways to help! I think being a good local member means actively consulting with the community at every opportunity, so I always want to hear from you. Please get in touch any time.
Individual issues (if you live in the Maiwar electorate, contact us to set up a meeting with Michael or our staff)
- Dealing with government agencies and ministers
- Raising your concerns in State Parliament
- Local issues (traffic, roads, development)
- Your community projects (including photocopying and meeting spaces)
- Funding applications, local grants and awards
Drop in, call or email us:
Address: 1/49 Station Rd, Indooroopilly QLD 4068
Ph: 07 3737 4100
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9-5 or other times by appointment