Part of my job as your MP is working closely with local groups and residents to facilitate positive outcomes for our community. Although State MPs don’t have direct influence over large discretionary grants like Councillors and Federal MPs, I do things a little differently, by allocating a portion of my office operations and support budget towards small community grants.
In my first term, my Maiwarriors program for school-aged kids funded some amazing initiatives, like new street libraries, community gardens, recycling systems and clean energy projects. Now I’m running a larger Community Grants program to help more exciting projects and ideas come to life in Maiwar.
- The application is made by a not-for-profit community group, organisation, club or initiative within (or closely linked) to the Maiwar community.
- Funding would contribute to, or fund a project, piece of infrastructure, event or activity that will have positive social and/or environmental impacts for the Maiwar community.
- Avenues for funding the project or equipment are not readily available.
- The grant application includes reasonable indications of expenses, that indicate good value for money.
- The group did not receive a community grant in the last round of applications
Grants of between $100-$1,500 can be allocated for an eligible community group, club or organisation.
Due to a limited funding pool, applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The level of need
- Scope, duration and strength of benefits to the Maiwar community
- The merits and originality of the specific initiative
Please note, if you’re a school-aged young person with a bright idea or project plan, you may be eligible for a Maiwarriors grant. More details here.
How to apply:
Round 2 applications open 9:00 AM 15 September and close at 5:00 PM 29 October 2021.
To apply, complete an application form and email it to [email protected]
Please ensure your answers address the eligibility criteria above.
Applications can be accessed here, or in hard copy from the Maiwar Electorate Office, 1/49 Station Rd Indooroopilly.
To download the application form, follow the link, select "file", and then select "download".
They should be either filled in online using Adobe Acrobat, or printed, filled in and scanned. Alternatively, you can respond to the questions in an email, ensuring you provide answers to all questions.