TICKETS SALES ARE NOW CLOSED- SEE YOU TONIGHT
Please join us for a shared meal, to gather as a community and learn about the work of the Asylum Seeker and Refugee Support Group here in Indooroopilly.
The Asylum Seeker Support Group operates out of the Indooroopilly Uniting Church (IUC), which has become a resource and a hub for people seeking asylum in Brisbane. People come to IUC for social connection, learn English to be able to converse, migration advice, assistance to prevent homelessness, and food. They also come to connect with an ever-growing community of supporters - ordinary people who are helping others as they settle into a new community.
On the evening of the 8th we'll hear from speakers with unique enthusiasm and connect with people from all walks of life who are making our community stronger.
Pre-registrations are a must for catering purposes. The ticket per person is $15 or $45 for a family of 4. All the funds raised will go to support the Asylum Seekers and Refugee Group at IUC, and extra donations are most welcome.
Some things to keep in mind:
- People of all backgrounds are encouraged to attend
- This is a family-friendly event
- The venue is wheelchair accessible. For more information on access, please call the Maiwar Electorate office at 3737 4100
- The dinner will include vegan, gluten-free and halal options
There is some parking available at the venue and some street parking nearby
- There is public transport near the venue, with Indooroopilly Train station at 550 metres and buses 445,454,425,433 stopping frequently nearby.
- If cost is a barrier for your attendance, please join us anyway! We'd love to have your help to set, or clean up.