There are many grants, scholarships and other funding opportunities available for residents and organisations within the Electorate of Maiwar. If you know of funding opportunities not on our list, please email us with the details.
- Applications are now open for the National Council of Women of Queensland (NCWQ) bursaries program. These $1000 bursaries can make a real difference in women's lives. Check out the website to see if you're eligible.
- Transurban Community Grants - Every six months, we offer grants of up to $5000 to initiatives like school projects, youth education, road safety and environmental programs. Closes 30 April.
- The Backing Indigenous Arts (BIA) initiative aims to build sustainable and ethical Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts industries.
- The Get Planning Spaces program provides funding to Queensland based state level sport and active recreation organisations, local governments and other relevant peak organisations to develop quality, evidence-based sport and recreation infrastructure planning documents. Program will close for applications on 18 April 2018.
Community Benefit Funding Grants
- Not-for-profit groups operating in Queensland can apply for grants from $500 to $35,000 through the Gambling Community Benefit Fund, which distributes revenue from gaming taxes. Applications open mid-April and close 31 May 2018.
Community Heritage Grants:
- Applications are now open until 7 May 2018 for grants of up to $15,000 to community organisations such as libraries, archives, museums, genealogical and historical societies, multicultural and Indigenous groups for projects such as training workshops, conservation activities, collection management and significance/ preservation needs assessments of collections. Grants are provided to assist the preservation of locally owned but nationally significant collections of publicly accessible material including artefacts, letters, diaries, maps, photographs and audio visual material.
The Business Growth Fund Program, delivered by the Office of Small Business, is a grant program which provides targeted assistance for small and medium businesses that demonstrate high-growth and employment aspirations. The fund will enable successful applicants to purchase and implement specialised equipment or services to help them seize growth opportunities. Funding of up to $50,000 (excluding GST) is available for eligible businesses to purchase and implement highly specialised equipment or services. These purchases should enable businesses to move to the next stage of growth.