I'm always keen to support community groups and organisations to secure grants and funding for their work in Maiwar.
Here's a list of grants and funding opportunities currently seeking applications. If you know of funding opportunities not on our list, please email us with the details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding from my office
Maiwar community support grants
- My office can help fund events, resources and other projects for local schools and community groups. Get in touch with my office for financial support via email@example.com.
- My office started this program in 2018 to award small grants to school-aged kids for environmental sustainability or social justice projects in our local community.
- If you know someone who might like to apply, complete the EOI form here
Other funding opportunities
If you’re in Maiwar and want a letter of support for any of the following, please get in touch with my office:
Lord Mayor’s Community Fund
- Grants of $250-$10,000 available for local community projects that help make Brisbane a friendly and safe, active and healthy, clean and green or vibrant and creative city.
- Apply via this link until 12 June 2020.
Gambling Community Benefit Fund
- For non-profits operating in Queensland, applications for grants for $500-$35,000 under the Gambling Community Benefit Fund are open until 29 February 2020.
- Read more and apply via the website.
Transurban community grants
- Grants of up to $5,000 are available for projects that generate social and environmental benefits for communities along Linkt Brisbane’s road corridors, which includes the Logan and Gateway motorways, Go Between Bridge, AirportlinkM7, Clem7 and Legacy Way.
- View more details and apply online.
Queensland Community Foundation Grants (opening again January 2020)
- Charitable organisations can apply for grants to build capacity including through education and training, recruiting, maintaining or recognising volunteers, technology support, and planning and governance.
- View more info and apply via their website.
Brisbane City Council grants
- Council offers grants and funding under an number of programs, including for Men's Sheds, sustainability and environmental restoration, health and physical activity programs, projects that improve access and inclusion, services that increase community identity and connections, improve social inclusion, respond to emerging community needs and social issues, and/or increase skills, knowledge and understanding within the community sector, organisational development/ community facility maintenance for Brisbane-based non-profits, rates credits for community groups facing financial hardship and/or providers of affordable housing in Brisbane, and via the Lord Mayor’s Community Fund for local community projects that help make Brisbane a friendly and safe, active and healthy, clean and green or vibrant and creative city.
- View more info about programs currently seeking applications here.